Sunday, June 3, 2012

New weather: New plans

Its sad for me to do, but I've decided to call it quits on the tour. A combination of record temperatures forecast, smoke for miles and miles in New Mexico, and the cost of Amtrak travel (or last-minute flights) has put my trip to an end. As much as I'd like to finish riding the Southern Tier, the safety and comfort of doing so is not so nice. When I have more non-summer time off, I'll try to finish off the trip in more reasonable environmental conditions. I've ridden and travelled a lot in the PNW and West Coast, so there isn't much in the works in terms of an on-road tour continuation. I'll have plenty of time on the bike teaching for Cascade this summer. My one other pet trip in the back of my mind is the Great Divide Route as a road trip/ supported campout. Just a week or two in Montana and Wyoming, riding during the day and chillin at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment