Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I am no longer going insane

Snow is my existence during the winter. And we've had a major shortage the past two years out here (back in the Cascades, there's a 10 foot base, so at least summer skiing will be good). But it's finally changing. We haven't had a major snow even since early January, so now Williamstown and Prospect Mountain may get a whole foot of snow. My race skis tell me that they aren't to be used on rocks, and they may finally get their wish this weekend. 
No bets on whether this will actually change my mood, convince me to jump out my window, or stop me from scheming new ski trips, but I will no longer look longingly towards a two story parking garage, hoping some squall will appear out of the sunshine and bring some fluffy white goodness. And if this storm snow can last a few weeks, I'll be set until the Republic of Georgia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment