Thursday, November 14, 2013

Two of my addictions in one picture

Rarely do I complain about food as loudly as I do when there is a banana shortage or an absence of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I just wish I could be back on the boiling streets of Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan eating these delicious banana popsicles. A statement as fake as the flavor and color: they are truly delicious. But some chemical, fat, or texture mates with my tongue and demands more. The perfect combination of unhealthy and delicious, both in moderation of course. 

Normally I experiment with foods when I get bored, and the results are often exciting- whipped cream vinaigrette made at the ice cream  and salad stations, sprite, lemonade, and watermelon syrup. But its hard to mess with a scoop- or five- of slightly soft mint chocolate chip ice cream with a drizzle of chocolate and oreos. Ice cream sandwiches of all types, yes, but if mint chocolate is available, it goes down by itself. For now though, because Driscoll dining hall fails at ice cream selection and banana stocking during dinner, I resort to creativity. My promise to you: one new desert combination, every month, posted to this blog. It will be delicious and creatable using just simple dining hall ingredients. 


No comments:

Post a Comment