Tuesday, May 28, 2013

More pics of Kazakhstan and the start of Kyrgyzstan

A continuation of a boring ride into a more exciting ride. Endless steppe, decent pavement, cheap food. The total distance Almaty to Bishkek is around 260km going the long way near the mountains which I did. Be prepared for long empty stretches. But I only took pics of slightly less empty places. On the plus the tourist stop on the Kyrgyz side of the pass had melon Popsicles which I adore. And I'm staying at interhouse for $15 a night with breakfast and more important wifi (rare in Kyrgyzstan)

2 comments:

  1. Love the selfie... See you still haven't shaved/cut your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a haircut at one of the nicest salons in Bishkek. A quarter the price of St. Pierre's in Williamstown including beard shave. I have concluded that I cannot grow culturally appropriate facial hair in three weeks.

    ReplyDelete