Thursday, July 11, 2013

Saying goodbye to my bike; wishing her good travels in the Pamir

I want my bikes to go to a good home. After thousands of kilometers getting me between villages where no cars travel in Central Asia, she's had some wear to the tires and chain and frame. But the components are still good for many thousands of kilometers, and the bike rides herding paths like nothing else.

So obviously, she deserved a nice new caretaker. I'd like to announce her caretaker with a photo. He's a single Pamiri cartographer and GIS programmer from Rushan village, now living in Dushanbe. His co worker, Hussein, is an accomplished bike tourist from Kenya and most recently Canada. The two are planning a bike trip through the Pamirs in August, and if successful my bikes new caretaker will likely be one of the first Pamiris to ride through the Pamir. A good partnership for a bike designed for the Pamir and a man born in the heart of the Pamir.

No comments:

Post a Comment