Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Plans and route for the next 1.5 weeks: Cycling Osh, Kyrgyzstan to Khorog, Tajikistan

First, you can track me here when I have cell service: 

Then, you can check out this map to see where I'm supposed to be. I'm planning to get a flight or minibus out of Bishkek tomorrow afternoon to Osh, and then a bus to Sary Tash where I'll start riding in the Pamirs. 4500 meter passes, snow leopards, and marco polo sheep will hopefully make an appearance. The road I will be on is the 2nd highest highway in the world, if you can call it that. A few cars a day if you are lucky, no water for several hundred kilometers, and lots of stray dogs should make for very pleasant riding. The Pamirs are a region of endangered languages, animals, and glaciers so if you have the guts you should probably take a trip to see one of the last great places that still runs on 50 year old soviet jeeps and donkeys. I'll try to post every day but no guarantees.


No comments:

Post a Comment