Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ACA maps

I'm sure Adventure Cycling's maps are great for most people. In fact, I've used them on a couple occasions myself. But for a trip across the country, as a single map set, I'm a bit concerned about their narrow scope and minded-ness, which I'm sure is just fine and dandy for folks on an organized tour or who are just out to ride their bikes. Thus, for daily routing, they're awesome, but not so much for experiencing an entire area and recognizing the diversity of a region.
For one, I like to learn about where I'm riding before hand. Thus, I've been playing around with google earth, finding new places to visit, and mapping accordingly. Everything's set up for long days, which you will see shortly, but I'm happy to share once I have a bit more beta.

No comments:

Post a Comment